To install a program on windows ten first you need to determine if it is installed from a disc, from the internet, or from the Microsoft store.
If installing from a Disc.
Insert the disc into the disk into your computer. Sometimes the installation will start automatically otherwise open your file explorer find and click on the disc and double the setup file which is usually called setup.exe or install.exe. Follow any on screen instruction and be prepared to enter your admin password, usually the password used to log into your computer, if required.
If installation does not automatically start when enter a disc you can check to make sure your AutoPlay setting is turned on.
1. In your search box to the bottom left off your screen type AutoPlay setting and select it from the results.
This is what the search box looks like
2. Make That the option for AutoPlay is in the on position
3. Choose if you also want AutoPlay Turned on for USB drive or SD card and the like. In the Drop down box for each type of device choose your preferred option.
This is what the AutoPlay menu looks like.
To install a program from the internet
First a warning that you should only download software from a website you trust running software from an unknown source can be harmful to your computer.
1. On the website you are downloading the program from look for a download link. These well usually say download and are sometimes highlighted.
2. Select save or save as to download the program.
a. If you chose save the installation file will save to your downloads folder
b. If you chose save as you can choose what folder you would like to save the file to like your desktop
3. Go to where you saved the file and double click on the file to start the installation and follow any on screen instructions.
From The Microsoft store
1. On the start menu select the Microsoft store tile it should be under m
2. On the taskbar select the Microsoft store icon.
3. Search in the search of the Microsoft store for the program you are looking for
4. Either purchase or download the desired software.