Updating Windows Media Player
This information provides instructions for updating Windows Media Player to the most recent version.
To update Windows Media Player, you must be logged on to your computer as an administrator or be a member of the Administrators group, and the PC must have Internet connectivity.
To check updates manually:
- Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off.
- Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected. If it is, clear the check box.
- Click OK and then restart your PC. This will remove your current version of Windows Media Player.
- After your PC has restarted, repeat step 1.
- Expand Media Features and select the Windows Media Player check box.
- Click OK and then restart your PC. This will reinstall the latest version of Windows Media Player for your system (Windows Media Player 12, with a few exceptions).
Compatibility of Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player multimedia file type compatibility is listed directly from Microsoft here.
Windows Media Player Maintenance
These instructions explain how to clear Windows Media Player's history. Step 1. Click Organize, then Options... Step 2. Click the Privacy Tab. Step 3. Click the Clear History button to clear Windows Media Player's recently played files list. If ...
Installing Windows Media Player
This information will provide instructions to Setup / Install Windows Media Player. Windows Media Player is available at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player. Step 1. Click on Download the Player. Step 2. Locate ...
Removing Uninstalling Windows Media Player
To remove / uninstall Windows Media Player Windows Media Player is a component of the Microsoft Windows Operating System. In some cases it cannot be removed. Removal instructions for Windows XP, click here. removal instructions for windows 10 In the ...
Updating Flash Player Version
This information provides instructions for updating Flash Player to the most recent version. Step 1. To find out what version of Adobe Flash player you have installed on your computer go tohttp://www.adobe.com/products/flash/about. Step 2. If Flash ...