Instructions to change default programs within Windows 10.
1. Click the Start Button, then Settings.
2. From the Windows Settings menu, click Apps.
3. Click on Default Apps from the menu on the left-hand side.
4. Set which default you want to set (EXAMPLE: Web Browser- Google Chrome)
5. To choose default app by file type, scroll down and select Choose default apps by file type.
6. Click the program that you want to use as the default for the file type you selected, or click the arrow next to Other Programs to show additional programs. (If you don't see Other Programs, or your program is not listed, click Browse to find the program you want to use, and then click Open. If no other programs are installed that are able to open the file type or protocol, your choices will be limited.) If you don't see the program you want to use as the default, click the arrow next to Other Programs to see a list of programs available on your computer
7. Click OK.
Windows 7 - Change Default Programs
Instructions to change default programs within Windows 7. 1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs. 2. Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program. 3. Click the file type or protocol that ...
Windows 8 - Change Default Programs
Instructions to change default programs within Windows 8. 1. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings. (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer ...
How to install programs on Windows 10
To install a program on windows ten first you need to determine if it is installed from a disc, from the internet, or from the Microsoft store. If installing from a Disc. Insert the disc into the disk into your computer. Sometimes ...
Windows 8 - Uninstall Program
Provides instructions for removing installed software within Windows 8. Step 1. From the desktop or start screen, use mouse to click in upper right corner to Open The Charms Bar, click search and Type "Control Panel". Click to open the control panel. ...
Windows 8 - Browse Files Explore Files
Provides information regarding navigation of files stored on a device utilizing Windows 8. Accessing Windows Explorer: Open the Charms bar and search Apps for "File Explorer" click File Explorer. Navigating Windows Explorer A Breadcrumb trail is ...