Windows 8 - Browse Files Explore Files
Provides information regarding navigation of files stored on a device utilizing Windows 8.
Accessing Windows Explorer:
- Open the Charms bar and search Apps for "File Explorer" click File Explorer.
Navigating Windows Explorer
- A Breadcrumb trail is available for navigation in Section 1.
- The Search Box allows users to search for files. Just enter a search word and press Enter to search.
- The Navigation Pane is on the left side in Section 3.
- The Details Pane ( Section 4 ) will display a thumbnail or icon of files in the specified folder.
Search for a File or Program
- Hover the mouse in upper right corner to open the Charms Bar and click the search button.
- Click the option for what you want to search "Apps, Settings, or Files", type the search term in the field with the magnifying glass.
- To open a file or program from the search, just click on it.
Internet Explorer 11 - Download Files
Many times it will be necessary to download files from the Internet, to store on the local machine. The information here is specific to downloading files using Internet Explorer 10. Step 1. Place your cursor over the link of the file you wish to ...
Internet Explorer 11 - Clear Cookies, Cache, Temporary Internet Files
Clear / Remove / Delete Cookie information in Internet Explorer 11. Step 1. Open Internet Explorer. Step 2. Click on the Tools (Via the Gear Icon), chose Safety and then chose Delete browsing history. Step 3. Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites ...
Downloading OneDrive Files
Please see the below instructions to assist you with downloading files from Microsoft OneDrive. Downloading files from OneDrive: 1. Open your OneDrive and select the files/folders that you want to download. a. To download only some files ...
How to install programs on Windows 10
To install a program on windows ten first you need to determine if it is installed from a disc, from the internet, or from the Microsoft store. If installing from a Disc. Insert the disc into the disk into your computer. Sometimes ...
Windows 10 - Change Default Program
Instructions to change default programs within Windows 10. 1. Click the Start Button, then Settings. 2. From the Windows Settings menu, click Apps. 3. Click on Default Apps from the menu on the left-hand side. 4. Set which default you want to set ...