Important: If a download contains software, an alert appears when you open the item. To be safe, don’t open it if you weren’t expecting a software program or if it’s not from a trusted source.
- Download an item: Click anything identified as a download link, or Control-click an image or other object on the page, then chose Download Linked File. (Some webpage items can’t be downloaded.) Safari decompresses files such as .zip files after it downloads them.
- See a list of items you downloaded: Click the Show Downloads button near the top-right corner of the Safari window. The button isn’t shown if the downloads list is empty.
- Pause a download: Click the Stop button to the right of the filename in the downloads list. To resume, click the Resume button .
- Find a downloaded item on your Mac: Click the magnifying glass next to the filename in the downloads list. If you move a file or change the download location after downloading it, Safari can’t find the file.
Tip: To change where downloaded items are saved on your Mac, choose Safari > Preferences, click General, then click the “File download location” pop-up menu and choose a location.
- Clear the downloads list: In the downloads list, click Clear. To remove one item, Control-click it, then choose Remove From List. By default, Safari automatically removes an item after one day. To change when items are automatically removed, choose Safari > Preferences, click General, then click the “Remove download list items” pop-up menu and choose an option.
Google Chrome - Download File
Google Chrome indicates download progress on the Downloads Bar at the bottom of your tab. Step 1. Click a link to begin download. (Sometimes you may need to right-click the file, then click Save As to download the file to your computer) Step ...
Safari Save Web Page
You can save an entire webpage, including all its graphics and links, or just parts of it. Save text from a webpage: Drag selected text to a document or the desktop. Save an image from a webpage: Drag the image to a document or the desktop, or ...
Internet Explorer 11 - Download Files
Many times it will be necessary to download files from the Internet, to store on the local machine. The information here is specific to downloading files using Internet Explorer 10. Step 1. Place your cursor over the link of the file you wish to ...
When printing or creating a PDF of a webpage, you can include its background image and color, and show the web address and date in headers and footers. Choose File > Print. Click the options pop-up menu (in the separator bar), choose Safari, then set ...
Google Chrome - Save Web Page
Step 1. Click the Customize and Control button on the browser toolbar. Step 2. Click More Tools, then Save Page As. Step 3. Choose the location to save the webpage, enter the File name, and click Save.